Reporting on Eateries in Champaign-Urbana of Note, more or less at random

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Courier Cafe

The Courier is another classic. It's a good lunch or dinner: a good place to go if you haven't been there in a while. The place aims to look old school in a way that is neither urban or country, but more like small town turn-of-the-century; this effect is aided by a large number of strategically placed antiques. It has a solid salad bar (I can get myself a spinach salad topped with other veggies, which is my main criteria). It's mostly known for it's burgers and steak-fries. I like to get the dippers, which are potato toppers. A half order of dippers is a good meal in itself. I should mention the shakes and malts. I haven't explored their dessert menu, but it seems like it could be a viable candidate.

No comments: